- We have a robust induction procedure and children can spend time in their new classroom with their new teacher before they start.
- We run a welcome group for children joining us mid phase where they get to meet staff and bond with their new peers.
- The school office liaises with the previous setting and where appropriate the SENCO also liaises with the previous school so that information can be shared for individual children so that we can enable them to settle in more quickly.
Every child spends some time with their new teacher for the following:
- Class teachers also meet to pass on information that will support the child in their transition to the next year group.
- We have good relationships with the schools our children move on to and our Year 6 pupils visit their new Secondary schools for one day for an easier transition during the summer term. More than one transition day might be encouraged, depending on the needs of the children, including visits with Monega staff members where necessary.
- For those pupils with special needs who may find joining the school overwhelming, a graduated integration to the school is planned.
- Parents are invited in to discuss the next stage of their child’s development. Guidance and signposting for advice is given during the meeting so that each stakeholder can take an active part in preparing for the next stage of education.
- Academic year in the summer term.